Sunday, April 27, 2008

On Manicures

My daughter is seven. She has inherited a lot of things from me (blue, eyes, blonde hair, freckles) but she is, more than anything else, her father’s girl and she’s got all the quirks to prove it, including a mean nail biting habit. During a recent manicure session (for her siblings), we had the following discussion:

Daughter: Mommy why do ladies have those long lady nails?
Son: To scratch good with.
Me: Maybe. (and then to son) Please give me your hand.
Daughter: Sometimes girls in my class have nails like that.
Me: That’s inappropriate. (and then to son) Give me your hand - Now! (and to toddler) Give Mommy the nail clippers.
Daughter: When I see nails like that, I sometimes really want to eat them.

Hmm - how bad would it be if I gave son’s hand to daughter and let her chew on it?

No comments:

Powered By Blogger